About IFMA Seattle
What is IFMA
Founded in 1980, IFMA is the world's largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management professionals, supporting 24,000 members in 105 countries. The association's members, represented in 134 chapters and 17 councils worldwide, manage more than 37 billion square feet of property and annually purchase more than $100 billion in products and services.
Globally, IFMA certifies facility managers, conducts research, provides educational programs, recognizes facility management degree and certificate programs and produces World Workplace, the largest facility management-related conference and exposition.
Frequently Asked Questions
The directory provides you with the opportunity to contact other members for questions, or services they may provide. We encourage our IFMA members to work within the network when possible.
SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING FOR IFMA SEATTLE MEMBERSHIP
IFMA Seattle chapter is now offering scholarship money for members and non-members that cannot afford the extra expenses. If you have lost your job or if your company does not cover IFMA expenses, fill out the application below to attend an IFMA Seattle membership meetings or to cover membership dues.Chapter Funding Application [pdf]
Still Asking "Why Join?"Join IFMA to:
- Promote the FM field of study and professional standing in your local business community and nationally.
- Broaden your skills and knowledge in all FM-related areas.
- Network with professionals both regionally and globally.
- Get access to IFMA research reports, publications and conferences.
- Participate in your local chapter, offering your personal and professional experience.
- Learning skills that can increase efficiency and productivity of the facility management team.
- Reduced liability risks by keeping the facility team informed of important issues and legislation affecting the workplace.
- Acquire benchmark studies that can aid in the ability to identify strengths and weaknesses within the team and facility.
- Access to trusted facility vendors who offer state-of-the-art, cost-effective product and service solutions that meet today's diverse workplace needs.
- The IFMA Seattle Newsletter and Website; which keeps you up to date on local and national educational FM events.
- Valuable networking opportunities with other industry professionals, as well as other facilities tours.
- Employment opportunities, jobs are posted in both our newsletter and website.
- Sponsorship opportunities; sponsor an event and get recognition in the newsletter, on the website and time during the event to introduce your company's product and/or services.
- Discounts on local event fees.
- Access to IFMAnet, the members-only Internet site, enabling you to network with more than 18,000 members worldwide through the weekly updated Online Membership Directory.
- Access to JOBnet, IFMA's online job referral.
- Educational and networking opportunities through regional chapters and special interest councils.
- Opportunities to be recognized through IFMA's Awards of Excellence program.
- Invitations to premiere facility management events such as IFMA's World Workplace.
- Bimonthly issues of Facility Management Journal, the single best source of information for facility professionals.
- Monthly editions of IFMA News, brimming with information on what's happening globally in the IFMA community.
- Discounts on National seminars, events, online courses and merchandise.